Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by us. Our registered office is at 18b Bell Street, Henley on Thames, RG9 2BG.
What Personal Information about club users do we gather?
The information we gather helps us to continually improve your experience. This personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name (in the case of a corporate membership) and business address; bank details and credit card details. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and your usage of the club. We may also collect and create details on joint members and other family members, where applicable, including family members under the age of 18.
We also collect the following information:
• Sensitive information
The term “sensitive information” in this context refers to information related to your religion or other beliefs, or health. Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
• Personal Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16 years of age without the permission of their parent or guardian. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
• Contacting us via Website or otherwise
When you use the www.expertfitnessstudio.com website (“Our Site”) or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We use CCTV in our club for health and security reasons. If you have any queries in relation to the use of CCTV operating in and around our club please contact us.
We also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
What do we do with personal information collected from you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us including for example to administer your membership of the club, to facilitate bookings of classes and appointments and to facilitate the provision of certain services to us by third party service providers and other transactions;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, to process payments and maintain accounts and records, and to maintain membership records;
• to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, research or other functions on our behalf;
• to process your job application if you apply for employment;
• to notify you about changes to our service; and
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
• Information we receive from other sources.
• We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
What about Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Do we share the Information it receives?
With your consent, other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure is Information about me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What Choices do I have?
What Rights do I have in relation to my Personal Information?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email us. The Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) gives you the right to access personal information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Notices and Revisions and contract
If you have any concern about privacy at Expert Fitness, please e-mail us a thorough description and we will work with you to resolve the issue.